- Smoke alarms are typically disc shaped and plastic, and perform both a smoke detection and alarm sounding function.
- Accepted products include all residential-use stand-alone smoke alarms powered by a battery and/or wired to a building’s electrical system.
- Common types include ionization, photoelectric and combination ionization/photoelectric smoke alarms.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarms:
- Program products are “stand-alone” CO alarms, which perform both a CO detection and alarm sounding function.
- These units are typically disc or square shaped and plastic.
Combination Smoke & CO Alarms:
- A “stand-alone” unit that performs both detection and alarm functions and combines the technology of a smoke alarm and a CO alarm.